BFS Extra is an all new pre show event co promoted with Eastbourne Chamber & Sussex Business Times.
The date for your diary is 2 March 2017 starting from 14:30.
The venue is courtesy of the View Hotel on Eastbourne Seafront.
Aimed at both exhibitors and other employers and businesses BFS Extra aims to help with presenting and engaging show visitors whether that is BFS and students or any other trade show. It will also offer help and advice across a broad range of topics related to attracting and employing young people.
Features of BFS Extra include;
- a series of speakers explaining how to prepare business for BFS and exhibitions in general. To educate in the art of selling / engaging all ages from an exhibition stand
- how best to acquire and monitor results from an exhibition stand
- understanding qualifications
- offer face to face contact with a range of apprenticeship providers to help discuss what is on offer and tailoring business needs
- meet senior teachers to learn about modern qualifications and student preparedness
- discuss with teachers and school governors what business wants from education
- find out about disability employment
The event will consist of several presentation sessions in the auditorium throughout the afternoon.
|2.30-3pm||Reception – refreshments, The View Hotel|
|3pm||Welcome, BFS Introduction, Tim Sorensen, Eastbourne EBP|
|3.10pm||The Schools Agenda, Lea Gilbert, Gildredge House School|
|3.20pm||The CEIAG Agenda, Sue Whittaker/Sarah Hinks, Careers Consultants|
|3.30pm||The Apprenticeship Agenda, Stephen Burkes, Sussex Skills Solutions|
|3.40pm||The HE Agenda, Daryl Parsons, University of Brighton|
|3.50pm||Disability Confident, Caroline Ansell MP|
|4.15pm||Exhibiting for Success, Paul Matthew, Shopper Anonymous|
|4.30pm||Engagement/Interactive Activities, Sue Whittaker, Careers Consultants|
|5pm||Reception, networking, market place|
Outside of the auditorium there will be breakout zones for apprenticeship and training providers, CEIAG inc. teachers and governors, disability employment and other topics.
The event is free to BFS exhibitors 2 tickets for a full stand booked and 1 for a marketplace or charity stand. Others not exhibiting at BFS are welcome to attend at a fee of £25 + VAT per delegate and online booking is available here at Online Ticket Seller.