The Big Futures Show is the largest employability and skills event in East Sussex with over 100 inspiring and interactive exhibitors.
The Show is targeted at students with their school or college but also students as general visitors; teachers and career advisors; parents, carers and guardians; and anyone looking for work or training.
9.30am-6.30pm – reception might be busy at peak times.
- Receive expert advice on: the real world of work direct from businesses; the variety of careers; further education and training including apprenticeships; volunteering; work experience; self-employment and enterprise; and looking for work. All under one roof to guide you toward your ‘BIG Future’.
- Special features include the Disability Confident Zone, Health Education England Zone and Employability Hub.
- Live jobs board of vacancies, apprenticeships, traineeships, internships and volunteering placements with exhibitors at the Show. Come with your CV to talk to exhibitors about their opportunities.
- Show Guide with a directory of over 100 exhibitors including education and training providers, employment and careers support and businesses. Also includes job hunting tips and ideas for questions to ask exhibitors.
- Networking and professional development opportunity for teachers.
- Entry with Show Guide £3 – individual or family pay on the door.
- If claiming benefits from the Department for Work and Pensions, free entry with voucher issued from Jobcentre Plus.
- If you’re a school or college please see the information below.
School and College Bookings
The Big Futures Show offers a unique opportunity for East Sussex students to meet with a wide variety of further education and training providers and prospective employers. This one day in a year will provide young people across East Sussex with inspiration, advice and guidance.
Potential employers will be offering interactive exhibits and guidance aimed at inspiring tomorrow’s workforce. They will be looking for tomorrow’s talent and be explaining what qualifications they are looking for and what training and apprenticeships they can offer in the workplace.
Colleges and Universities will be on hand to show what they have to offer, where it fits with employer’s requirements and what they are looking for in students. Other training providers will be on hand to discuss the wide range of other possibilities on offer between full time education and workplace training .
There will be representation from a variety of other organisations that offer young people personal development opportunities. In addition there will be occasional speakers and a variety of related ad hoc attractions.
We want your students to be inspired by informative and interactive exhibits. The Big Futures Show is an ideal opportunity for them to consider their part in the workforce of the future. Their time and effort will be rewarded in in many ways;
- Before their visit each pre registered student visitor will receive a preparation pack including;
- a workbook to be used with the printed show guides.
- the printed show guide.
- On arrival students will be presented with a professional show like any industry show they might visit during their working life. It will be an opportunity to meet educators, trainers and employers in a truly business like environment.
- There will be “Show Hosts” on hand throughout the show to help steer them round and keep them focussed on the job in hand.
- After the show we will offer follow-up material to help them summarise what they got from their visit.
The show will be open to school groups, parents and others from 09:30.
Staging the Big Futures Show has been made possible by the generosity of business, local authority and grant funding. However in the spirit of everyone’s commitment we are asking for contributions from visiting schools. The cost per student is £5 + VAT / £6 inc VAT
We are also arranging low cost coach travel for school groups to and from the show for those that require it. Due to the logistics of organising coach travel bookings must be confirmed by 17 February 2017. The cost per student for coach travel is £3.00.
Note: Whilst we must clearly charge VAT, and you are able to reclaim it, it seems that you may be able to pass this on to students / parents on without VAT. We are able to confirm that coach travel is zero rated for VAT.
Confirmed bookings will be invoiced and should be paid for before 8 March 2017.